Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Summer 2009

So far we have had a fun filled summer. Unfortunately Eric has had to still work everyday but I am off for the summer and Emma and I have had lots of things to keep us busy. Emma has been to VBS, swimming lessons, camping, Rangers game and other weekend trips. Pretty much all summer we have been swimming everyday and I must say she is beginning to become an awesome swimmer. On another note my sister Rachele is expecting and we are patiently awaiting the arrival my new neice. She should be here before summer is over and we can't wait. Emma really can't wait, right now all she has is boy cousins. My sister-in-law, Lonna, is also expecting in December and hopefully we will soon find out what she is having.

Some thoughts for upcoming weeks...
We are leaving for a beach vacation on Sunday and this will be the first time for Emma to see the beach so she is very excited. We are going to Orange Beach which is right beside Gulf Shores. We are also planning on going to the Great Wolfe Lodge before the summer is over. Emma is such a water bug she would rather be in the water than anywhere.

Emma starts school in August and oh my how hard this is for me to realize. Just yesterday she was a tiny baby and now she is starting real school (as she says). So we will be school clothes shopping and getting school supplies. I know I think this is such a fun and special thing to do but after a couple of years of that I will be sick of it, I am sure.

I am also hoping to get in another camping trip in before the summer ends. We love to camp and be with our friends. I will post some pics of our vacation when we get back. Enjoy the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment